BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy SAS Viya (pay as you go) and i have a "Request Timeout" after 2 hours. This is the error message i have:

{
"code": "DeploymentFailed",
"target": "/subscriptions/247dfdd5-ff15-4c42-b58c-216dd8156ca4/resourceGroups/Group1/providers/Microsoft.Resources/deployments/sas-institute-560503.sas-viya-on-azure-20230622180534",
"message": "At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-deployment-operations for usage details.",
"details": [
{
"code": "ResourceDeploymentFailure",
"target": "/subscriptions/247dfdd5-ff15-4c42-b58c-216dd8156ca4/resourceGroups/Group1/providers/Microsoft.Solutions/applications/Viya",
"message": "The resource provision operation did not complete within the allowed timeout period."
}
]
}

BTW, I used EAST US as the region. And I'm sure the following requirements are met:

• Total Regional vCPUs: 64
  • Standard DSv4: 44
  • Standard EDSv4: 20

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang -

The updated package has now been published and looks good from our testing.

Please let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SimonAndersen
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang,

I hope you are doing well!

Earlier this year, another user reported a similar issue.

Feel free to have a look at the following post:

Solved: Azure Deployment failed Status "RequestTimeout" - SAS Support Communities

And please get back to us, if the issue continues to appear.

Thanks,

Simon

Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Simon,

I looked at that post. It doesn't solve my issue because all the requirements/limits of the deployment had been satisfied. The issue continues to appear and fail the deployment.

Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks,

Kevin

rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang -

We have identified a possible issue with the deployment assets that might be causing this problem.

We are investigating and will post back as soon as we have an answer.

Best regards,

Rich

Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

Just FYI. I tried to deploy Viya on East US 2 instead of East US. Deployment failed in about 22 minutes. Here's the error message:

{
  "code""DeploymentFailed",
  "target""/subscriptions/247dfdd5-ff15-4c42-b58c-216dd8156ca4/resourceGroups/Group1/providers/Microsoft.Resources/deployments/sas-institute-560503.sas-viya-on-azure-20230624205521",
  "message""At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-deployment-operations for usage details.",
  "details": [
    {
      "code""ResourceDeploymentFailure",
      "target""/subscriptions/247dfdd5-ff15-4c42-b58c-216dd8156ca4/resourceGroups/Group1/providers/Microsoft.Solutions/applications/Viya2",
      "message""The resource write operation failed to complete successfully, because it reached terminal provisioning state 'Failed'."
    }
  ]
}

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

Any updated on this? Still waiting to make deployment.

Thanks!

rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang -

We are currently testing an updated deployment package and hope to have it published to the Azure marketplace soon.

I intend to update this thread when it is available. Stay tuned and thank you for your patience!

Best regards,

Rich

rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang -

The updated package has now been published and looks good from our testing.

Please let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,

Rich

Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

It works well. Thank you!