BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I have been facing slow performace on visual analytics.

1)while openning the report taking time (very slowly opening report) 

2)between components also same slow response

3)the current setup having 512 gb Ram, distributed server

4) on over all slow response the entire application.

would like to know the best tuning options or suggestion on the same.

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@vallsas - We have just been through a similar exercise ourselves. There are many different causes of slow VA performance, although the most likely culprit is your SAS web server and the many web apps that run on it. I suggest you check out VA Environment Manager. If your VA web server is using more that 20% of your CPU on average then that could be your problem area.Typically it should be using under 10%.

My best advice is to open a track with SAS Tech Support so they can collect the diagnostics that will allow you to identify the cause. This is what we did and the result is our VA platform is performing better than it ever did!

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you for the valuable information!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@vallsas - How are you getting on with this? Have you checked out Environment Manager for unusual behaviour like high CPU and memory usage or lots of performance alerts?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation