BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi:

I have a weird situation where i can sort my bar charts by date (ascending) as they should be, and they'll stay that way for a while.

However after some time the order changes (usually alphabetically).  I am using a date field.  The crosstabs will retain the order but the bar charts do not.

Any idea on why this is?  I have to repeatedly go into reports and change the order back.

This also happens with formatted orders.  Meaning if i create custmom format in SAS and custom sort in VA, I'll get eh same issue.

thanks, 

dave

4 REPLIES 4
EWS
Obsidian | Level 7 EWS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Dave,

Not sure if this is applicable to your question but I experienced the same and after some investigation I found the root cause in the designer:

When you sort your graph (asc or desc on category) and you delete an item from the data tab this will reset the full report back to the initial settings which is sort on measure (High > low) even if the deleted item is not used anywhere in your report/graph. Tables and cross tabs will stay untouched.

Erwin

Albert0
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Dave,

Did you manage to resolve the issue on your report? I am experiencing the same problem that you have...Could you share how did you fix this issue?

- Albert0
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Albert:

The only resolution I received was the note above.  This did seem to be the cause and I did not find a way to prevent it.  Luckily if you're not changing any data items, it doesn't seem to happen.  Sorry that's all I have: "good luck".

"When you sort your graph (asc or desc on category) and you delete an item from the data tab this will reset the full report back to the initial settings which is sort on measure (High > low) even if the deleted item is not used anywhere in your report/graph. Tables and cross tabs will stay untouched."

Dave

Albert0
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

Albert

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation