BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chenj
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am implementing a new SAS Visual Analytics 7.4, running on a Linux virtual machine (non-distributive). After the initial installation, the performance speed of using SAS VA is fine, although not super-fast.

From the default installation, a “Public LASR Analytic Server”, a “Visual Analytics Public Data Provider library” and a “Visual Analytics Public LASR library” are created.

We are going to have roughly 30 separate groups going to use VA. I would like to achieve:

1. User data/queries/reports (such as tables imported by an end user and data query/reports created by end users) saved in a separate NFS share, instead of mixing with the SAS configuration installation folder /opt/sas94/sasconfig.
  2. Each group’s data/queries/reports saved in the group’s own folder.
  3. Members from Group A should be able to read/write to Group A’s folder only, and members from Group B should be able to read/write to Group B’s folder only.
  4. Different autoload schedules for different groups.
  5. Group can use the same table names in their own LASR libraries.

So I created a separate “LASR Analytic Server”, a “Data Provider” library and a “VA LASR library” for each of the initial 7 groups that will be using VA. I basically mimic the “Public’ setup mentioned above.

But now the performance of the VA is very slow, each mouse clicks would result in a 10 seconds wait, even with only one user using VA.  

I am wondering what I did wrong and how do I achieve my above 5 objective without the substantial performance impact. Will vertical clusters mentioned in SAS 9.4 Web Application: Tuning for Performance and Scalability, Third Edition solve my problem? Right now I am not using cluster at all, just one ‘SASServer1_1’ from the default installation. 

Thank you very much.

Jim

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@chenj,

Like I said on the track, you did everything right. Your middle-tier server might be underestimated, so I will move your track to the middle-tier support.

alexal
SAS Employee

@chenj,

I've sent you a new tracking number for the problem with SAS Web Server.

chenj
Fluorite | Level 6

I forgot to mention that in my initial installation I specified the system size to be "Medium System' in the SAS Deployment Wizard". 

Thanks

Jim 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation