BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JPinkman
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I would like to realise the following:

In section 1 there's a crosstable. This will be filtered by 4 dropdowns, 1 interacting with 2, interacting with 3 ect. The drop downs are in a container in the same section as the crosstable. The filter settings of section 1 also have to apply to the contents in the  list table in section 2. Therefore I added an interaction between the cross table and the list table. All fine so far, no errors. The 4 dropdowns filter each other and also the cross tab. However: section 2 is showing no data and I can't find a relevant 'drill down on section link' menu item in the cross tab, like I have found before in other chart types like bar chart etc.

- Am I overlooking something?

- Is what I want possible?

- Should I go about this another way?

THanks!

4 REPLIES 4
skillman
SAS Employee

When you double click the values in the crosstab, does this take you to section two? Or at least prompt you if you want to go to section two?

Here are screenshots which I used to recreate your scenario. This worked as you expected:

Creating the section link between the cross tab and section 1 (name of the section in my report):

section_link_1.png

Choose which section to link cross tab to:

section_link_4.png

When I click on the numeric data in the cross tab, I am presented with a prompt to either go to Section 1 or go to an External webpage which was already associated to this particular cross tab.

section_link_3.png

JPinkman
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

when I double click values in the cross tab on section 1 the screen turns black with a

error.png

Show details button is not responding. I cannot even close the error and continue in sas va. I have to completely restart the website. I guess I will contact the sysadmin first ;-).

By the way: section1 and 2 use different datasets. They were mapped automatically during creation of the section link ..

We are using version 7.1.

Keep you posted. Thanks!

- error has been forwarded to Sas support

interaction.pngsectionlink- mappings between datasets.png
JPinkman
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I've discovered the error occurs when adding a column total to the cross tab. Would anyone be interested in trying to reproduce? I'm still waiting for an answer from tech support.

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi, JP

Can u send us screen shot... percentage errors...

Thanks,

Teja Surapaneni...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation