BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nattargekar
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Thank you for reading this question.

The sasadm@saspw account is getting locked frequently. I unlocked it with different Admin user and when it got unlocked, I logged into SAS Management Console with sasadm@saspw. Now, when I am trying to run Importad.SAS script in SAS Enterprise Guide, it is showing error that sasadm@saspw is locked. I checked and the account is locked again. It is happening frequently. Using SAS 9.4, VA 7.3. TS1M3.

Your comments on this will be extremely helpful.

Thank You.

8 REPLIES 8
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Has the SAS Administrator internal account (sasadm@saspw) password been changed lately? Perhaps you have a component, batch process, or person that is using the old password and needs to be using the new one?  Or perhaps the password hasn't been changed and there is a component, batch process, or person using the incorrect password? I would suggest reviewing the SAS Metadata Server log files to look for sasadm@saspw authentication failures to see if you can identity the times, frequency and IP addresses of authentication failures for more clues.

nattargekar
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @PaulHomes for reply. What you mentioned is correct, the password is changed recently and yes what you are suspecting may be correct. I will check if any process/person is using the password and get back.

Thank you very much.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In that case, how was the password changed? Was it done in SAS Management Console User Manager plug-in (which only changes the password), or was it done with SAS Deployment Manager (which changes the password and updates any known/managed uses of it in configuration files and metadata). See the Update a Managed Password section of the SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide, Second Edition for more info.

nattargekar
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @PaulHomes, I first unlocked the sasadm@saspw in SAS Management Console and then ran the Update Password Utility in SAS Deployment Manager, it was showing successful. But when I closed the SAS Management Console and reopened it and tried to use the connection profile sasadm@saspw with changed password, the account was locked again. It's getting locked frequently.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and time.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

When you used the SAS Deployment Manager Update Passwords task, did you remember step 3 "Stop all SAS servers and services." and step 4 "Restart the metadata server, the SAS Web Infrastructure database (usually the SAS Web Infrastructure Platform Data Server), and any SAS solution-specific data servers. Do not restart other servers or services." ?  If not, then there may have been services using the old password that triggered a lock-out before you got to attempt your SAS MC login. Also, if you have any custom written applications, jobs, or other usages of those credentials they should be shut down or disabled until you have a chance to update them, otherwise they may lock you out by continuing to use the old password.

nattargekar
Fluorite | Level 6

@PaulHomes, Thanks for the reply. I also strongly suspect this can be the reason. I will try and get back to you if it works. Thanks again.

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

Wow... this conversation thread helped me big time ...__/\__ __/\__ __/\__

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

That's great to hear!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation