BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rajesh_02
Calcite | Level 5

how to show 0 instead of (missing) in sas va 8.5.1 , when there is no data available

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Are there entire rows missing in the data, or do you simply need to replace a missing value in an existing row? Visual Analytics cannot show a row that does not exist in the data. To replace a value within a row, you can create a calculated item. For example, 

IF ( 'Salary'n Missing )
RETURN 0
ELSE 'Salary'n

Rajesh_02
Calcite | Level 5

Hey Medelyn,

Thanks for the reply,But actually there is no row at all for the specific category.

Let me explain:

1. We have 2 year data (2019,2020,2021,2022)

2.Each year have category(car) and measure(making_cost)-e.g.2019 (maruti-10cr,Audi-2 cr,BMW-5cr)  2020 (maruti-3 cr)

3.As explained in the upper line ,in the year 2020 - there is no category i.e.Audi,BMW. So when we filter year 2020 then key value making cost is (missing)

4.So i need to treat the (missing) into '0'

5.By creating a calculative field for iF else ,we need at-least one column value to replace.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation