BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi ,

The hdfs foldere has been deleted while deleting the tables from Manage server table. actually suppose to delete the table from lasr but the same time all table in hdfs also selected and deleted. 

now we can reload the lasr table from library but not into hdfs . while loading into hdfs it the content folder not exist. 

we checked the Manage HDFS tab but nothing is appearing.. questions is how can we create the same folder structer as like before to the HDFS library in va or SMC.

thanks in advance..

6 REPLIES 6
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi

In this blog post, I discuss how to delete files from the HDFS.  However I also provide links to the Apache site where you can learn how to interact with the HDFS. Its works very similar to Linux so it's easy to create a new folder using the MKDIR command.

If you are using a commerican version of Hadoop - it's actually easier to manage the HDFS but their sites should also have some help.

Tricia

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks its great help. the second method use full to me.

just reconfirming need to create vapublic frist and then hps? 

where is the hps folder should be created ? is it under hdfs?

what is the c_order_main sas table is it configuration file or just for an example?

many many thanks.

TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Here's what mine looks like. I added some of the folders when I was playing with Hadoop. The c_order_main was the file I was trying to delete as an example.

Here's the view from HDFS and from SAS VA.  I blurred the user names.

2016_hdfs.jpg

Tricia Aanderud

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

yes, i got it. but confused about linux where to create folders..

like hdfs , hps, vapublic ?

when explore hdfs in va nothing is appearing .the error is as "An error occurred when the Hadoop content explorer tried to contact the SAS LASR Analytic server monitor,"

so i have to create it in linux. which user i should login ? is it hdfs? and create a folders ?

the attached folder are not appearing ..

hdfs.png
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You are going to need to learn some basics for working with HDFS - covered at the Apache site.

Then log in as the HDFS user so you can work in HDFS. If your system is configured correctly you should be able to issue the commands without any trouble.

Just be aware that HDFS is like Linux (in that it can work from the command line) but simply creating a folder in the Linux operating system is not the same as doing it within the HDFS.

Tricia Aanderud

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

hi thanks for the reply.

I am looking for outer join....

for example: if i have two tables and i would like to view the data which are not common from the tables ...so which join i should in this case...kindly share your views.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation