BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
scan
Obsidian | Level 7

hello everybody,

I feel pretty excited of working on sas visual analytics for my company.

I'm following step by step a learning book that uses this known database for examples and exercises.

But on my version of SASVA this is not included, can I find it for free like sample datasets of SAS, or are they sold separately?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

scan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MelCar
SAS Employee

Hi! I manage the SAS Try Before You Buy VA website.  I've included a link to a zip file (Insight Toy) that contains the dataset, spk for a report and one exploration and a readme file.  Please read the readme file BEFORE you work with the dataset. I strongly recommend that your first look at the dataset should be from the report or exploration as they will provide you with some insight into what the data contains.  Also, in the readme file you will find a link to the VA start up guide. You can follow the guide using the report and exploration. I did not include the text analytics piece as that requires additional administrative setup.  I hope this helps!

Melanie

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tabure
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Did you manage to get this dataset in the end?

I am also looking for it.

Thanks,

Emre

MelCar
SAS Employee

Hi! I manage the SAS Try Before You Buy VA website.  I've included a link to a zip file (Insight Toy) that contains the dataset, spk for a report and one exploration and a readme file.  Please read the readme file BEFORE you work with the dataset. I strongly recommend that your first look at the dataset should be from the report or exploration as they will provide you with some insight into what the data contains.  Also, in the readme file you will find a link to the VA start up guide. You can follow the guide using the report and exploration. I did not include the text analytics piece as that requires additional administrative setup.  I hope this helps!

Melanie

kumarshourabh72
Calcite | Level 5

Hello. Can you please share the INSIGHT TOY DEMO data set s the Cloud Trail version of SAS Visual Analytics does not have this dataset. Also, the TeraDat Student Network is DOWN for last 2 days.

I urgently need the data file for compelting my assignments as well as learn more about the SAS Visual Analytics

MelCar
SAS Employee

The insight toy dataset can be downloaded using the link in message 3 of this chain.  Please read all of message 3 as it describes how to use the insight toy dataset.  As to the TeraDat Student Network I'm not familiar with that. Please open a technical support track for that so you can get a quick response.

Thanks,

Melanie

barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Melanie,

I've downloaded the zip file (Insight Toy), but it doesn't contain the spk for the exploration (only the report).

Could you please create another zip with spk included? This example is very interesting for me.

Thanks a lot,

Carlo 

Kashan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Melanie,

I'm trying to download the Insight Toy company data but the link that you provided doesn't work any more. 

Please refresh the link.

thanks 

Kamran

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

I'm sorry, but the Insight Toy Company data doesn't ship with SAS Visual Analytics. 

-Joy

Kashan
Calcite | Level 5

I wonder but the toy company data is used in SAS visual analytics course. It should be there so that students can practice on it.

rehman_panjwani
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Have you received the Insight Toy data. I tried to download but couldn't succeeded. 

Rehman Panjwani

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 in conversation