BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
clausergf
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone.

I am trying to filter a table in SAS VA based on values from a different table. For example, let:

Table A: 

Name          Age           Sex

Pete            21               M

Rose           23               F

Hank           45               M

Table B: 

Name          Pet

Pete            dog               

Hank           dog               

Hank           cat               

James         fish             

Rose           cat             

I would like to be able to select "dog", from table B, through a filter and retrieve information about Pete and Hank from table A. Does anyone know if this is possible in SAS VA?

Thanks,

Giorgio

3 REPLIES 3
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You can build an interaction so when you click on one of the names the details for that name is shown.

I.e, you filter table b on dog and get two rows. Then you click on one of the names and filter table1.

If you want the two names at once, I think you need to join data in the data prep so you get all in the same table.

//fredrik

clausergf
Calcite | Level 5
Hi frederike and thanks for your answer. I tried that already and it's not working for me. I'm working with tables of big size (3G, 12.000.000 rows): do you think this could be an issue?
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

No it shouldn't be a problem.

I have a similiar report (with two tables) where I filter one table upon department and then I select one contract from the first table and in the second I show the details for that contract.

My tables are ~5 Gb.

In my case every click sows just 5-10 rows with details, maybe you get to many there?

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation