BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ravi4
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Please can someone help me with this query (apparently a certification exam question my friends had recently)

-What is the maximum number of reports that you can send whether as links or as attachments, in a single email using the VA tool.

My understanding is that the answer is 1.

This is because you can send one report to multiple recepients (upto 100 recepients) in one email.

But you can send no more than a single report in one email. Please let me know if I'm correct in my understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi ravi,

I'm no VA expert but let me try to help you.

Your answer seems to be correct, you can only send one report at a time when you use the File then selectE-mail menu.

This is E-mail a Report chapter from the SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.3: User's Guide documentation implies.

I'm guessing you are aware of that information as you mentioned the limit of 100 recipients.

But there is a way to distribute multiple reports at a time.

Please have a look at the Distributing Reports chapter, you can add multiple reports.

There isn't a limit regarding the number of reports.

But there is a limit when it comes to the size.

Usage Note 55920 (Tips for troubleshooting problems with the distribution functionality in SAS® Visual Analytics) says:

Reports are distributed as PDF attachments to email messages. Attachments are stripped if they exceed a known size limit. For more information about how these attachments are handled, see "About the Size of Email Attachments" in the SAS Visual Analytics: Administration Guide.

You'll find the documentation at http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/7.3/en/vaag.pdf

This is the relevant extract

VA.JPG

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Damo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi ravi,

I'm no VA expert but let me try to help you.

Your answer seems to be correct, you can only send one report at a time when you use the File then selectE-mail menu.

This is E-mail a Report chapter from the SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.3: User's Guide documentation implies.

I'm guessing you are aware of that information as you mentioned the limit of 100 recipients.

But there is a way to distribute multiple reports at a time.

Please have a look at the Distributing Reports chapter, you can add multiple reports.

There isn't a limit regarding the number of reports.

But there is a limit when it comes to the size.

Usage Note 55920 (Tips for troubleshooting problems with the distribution functionality in SAS® Visual Analytics) says:

Reports are distributed as PDF attachments to email messages. Attachments are stripped if they exceed a known size limit. For more information about how these attachments are handled, see "About the Size of Email Attachments" in the SAS Visual Analytics: Administration Guide.

You'll find the documentation at http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/7.3/en/vaag.pdf

This is the relevant extract

VA.JPG

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Damo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation