BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mhamlett
Quartz | Level 8

i have section a with a table with customer no, account number, year, period, sales amount

i have another section b with a line chart that shows sales for a year for a customer, the x axis is the period, y is the sales.

i want to link section a to section b

however when i do this, the graph is filtered by 

customer no - OK

Year - OK

Period - NOT OK

i do not want the period to be part of the graph filter. trying to show sales for each period for the selected year and customer.

how do i NOT accept the period as a fitler on the graph?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
RichardPaterson
Obsidian | Level 7

one solution would be to add a  total column to your table in section a. You can then double click the total to jump to section b, with all the periods being passed in the filter. Your graph will then show all periods for the selected year. I hope this makes sense or otherwise I can send some images. 

Richard

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation