BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SophieSaas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone, 

I am creating a SAS VA report and there is something I'm pretty sure I can do but can't manage to actually do it. I'm using SAS VA 7.4.

I have a table with names of individuals. I can add a rank on this table to show the x=50 people with the best score on something. 

What I want to do is create a text input control in which the user writes a number, x=20 for instance. And then there would be a link with my interaction and only the 20 people with the best score would appear. 

Is it possible? Do you know how to do this? 

Thank you very much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @SophieSaas,

Yes you can.. you can do this with parameter as @MikeJenista said.

Create a character parameter (Set Max, Min and Current Rank) and Name it as RANK or As you required.

Assign that Rank to your Text Input Control.

Create a Rank for your Object (which is available in Right hand side pane). There you will find Parameter Option (In Rank Tab).

Hope this will help.....

Thanks,

Teja

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

I believe you can use a parameter to achieve this.  Ranks can take a parameter as the input for the number, and you can add a UI control to set the parameter value.

UPDATE: After a quick check, this is correct for 7.4 Designer, but I don't think it works in Explorer.

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @SophieSaas,

Yes you can.. you can do this with parameter as @MikeJenista said.

Create a character parameter (Set Max, Min and Current Rank) and Name it as RANK or As you required.

Assign that Rank to your Text Input Control.

Create a Rank for your Object (which is available in Right hand side pane). There you will find Parameter Option (In Rank Tab).

Hope this will help.....

Thanks,

Teja

SophieSaas
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much ! Your explanations were so clear I did it in 2 minutes and it works. Really thank you for making me win a lot of time (I was searching and could have kept searching for a while...!)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation