BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
amitgsas1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, i am working on Insight Toy Company 2012 data and i noticed that individual count is not getting displayed besides each individual data item in Designer tab.

eg: Facility Continent  6

Facility Country   32

Facility City        125

Can you please let me know how to get this count of 6, 32 and 125 besides each data item. I am unable to see the count.

Also is the distinct count option useful in getting this data. I tried the distinct count option but i could'nt get it. 

Can someone also please explain me a practical example using distinct count ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It is possible to turn off the distinct counts on the Data tab. In Designer, if you select File > Preferences > SAS Visual Analytics > SAS Visual Analytics Designer, is the box "Bypass cardinality checks" selected?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi amitgsas1,

I haven't worked with the Insight Toy data, so I don't know why you're not seeing the counts in the Data tab in the designer.  As for your question about distinct counts, see Create a Distinct Count for a Category Data Item for some examples and the steps needed to create a distinct count.  (This link is for 7.3, but the steps are the same for 7.2.)

-Joy

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It is possible to turn off the distinct counts on the Data tab. In Designer, if you select File > Preferences > SAS Visual Analytics > SAS Visual Analytics Designer, is the box "Bypass cardinality checks" selected?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation