BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DineAch
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi every one! i have created some variables on sas studio and export them in cvs file. When i load my file on sas viya(by local file), my date variable is not recognized; i have a Format :$. I want to know the format that i can use in sas studio when creating my data to get my date variable in the good format in Sas viya.

My date variable look like this and i ckeck my file, there is not a charactere or something like that in my column.

Thanks for help.

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm confused. In your post title you say you are importing from CSV. In your post you say you are exporting to CSV. Which is correct?  If you just want to get SAS data into SAS Viya just use a SAS dataset. You don't need to use CSV files.

DineAch
Fluorite | Level 6

Sorry for the confusion. I need to import my csv file to sas Viya.

The problem is my date variabbles are not recognized. Sas viya display a format $

Does someone know how to process?

Ps: I can't use sas dataset; i think my enterprise hasn't access.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

So how are you importing your CSV data now? Please post your code if it is a program. If not explain the process. 

DineAch
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi! i m still waiting for a solution.

Please for more explanation about my problem, see attached file.

You can see my data, how i export them and what i get in sas Viya.

My date variable are considered as character with a format $. I need to have them in date format.

I hope my request is more clear.

Thanks for help.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Unfortunately I don't have SAS VA on Viya to be able to help you further since you are using the Data Explorer interface. Please be aware though that SAS Studio is available to you under VA so you could indeed use SAS code to import this data to give you more control. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation