BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mhamlett
Quartz | Level 8

i have found under mgmt console i can view users history and see the reports that have been used but not a date time of when.  the datetime shown is when the report was last modified.  

i just want to see which reports are being actively used by which users.

how is this possible?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewHowell

Can you give more information about your platform so we can better assist you - SAS version, do you have Environment Manager, do you have Admin capabilities, etc?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

starting SAS VA 7.1, SAS provides the Audit and Performance reports, which have to be enabled before their usage. Please refer to this link for instructions: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Getting-started-with-SAS-Visual-Analytics-7-1...

You can find also a ppt as overview of what you can find and do: http://es.slideshare.net/FrancescoMarelli/keinavo-sas-forum-milano-2015

And the last but not the less, on any version of VA you can get the information you need by reading/parsing the /SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASVisualAnalyticsViewer7.3.log file.

mhamlett
Quartz | Level 8

trying to follow the directions to get this setup.

im stuck at 

• Start AutoLoad for the administrative reporting library (Environment Manager Data Mart LASR).
  • Start AutoLoad for the administrative reporting library (EVDMLA)

this comes in to play after restarting the web application server

any help is appreciated

i am on VA 7.3. the write up is for 7.1 but still very similar to 7.3

mhamlett
Quartz | Level 8

And the last but not the less, on any version of VA you can get the information you need by reading/parsing the 

/SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASVisualAnalyticsViewer7.3.log file.

i see nothing in this log file that would provide user and report usage.

it was last update today 3am

so it does not reflect any activity of users logging in and running reports and i know report usage has occurred.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation