BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rieley
Calcite | Level 5

i am a user in a new - and new to me - SAS Visual Analytics

i want to use visual data builder to query a table

and make the results available to reporting in visual analytics

i had success once or twice, and i have failed many times

I include a microsoft word document with (a) window capture of my query builder showing table and selected column, and (b) fatalconnectionfactoryexception error.

thank you

the error message:

The request could not be completed successfully due to a server error. Please contact your system administrator.

Server error: com.sas.svcs.jobexecution.client.JobException: com.sas.svcs.jobexecution.client.TaskExecutionException: com.sas.services.connection.FatalConnectionFactoryException: The native implementation module for the security package could not be found in the path. cause: com.sas.services.connection.FatalConnectionFactoryException: The native implementation module for the security package could not be found in the path.

i use SAS Visual Data Builder version 7.4 build date Wednesday April 5, 2017 7pm

8 REPLIES 8
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This error can occur intermittently when there is a problem with IWA authentication. If you have implemented IWA, you might want your admin to review the steps to make sure none were missed. 

alexal
SAS Employee

@Rahul_SAS,

Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) is a Microsoft technology that is used in an environment where users have Windows domain accounts. With IWA, the credentials (user name and password) are hashed before being sent across the network. The client browser proves its knowledge of the password through a cryptographic exchange with the web application server.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimtag/69826/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1871e69gmwdr0n1o18...

alexal
SAS Employee

@rieley,

Make sure the web browser is passing delegated credentials to the SAS Web Server. You should see a message in the SAS Logon log like this:

... INFO com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.gss.GSSCredentialCachingFilter - Received credentials for <USER_NAME>

If not, check the web browser settings.

rieley
Calcite | Level 5

thank you

i don't find "com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.gss" in the log files my guy has given me

i suppose i haven't told my guy explicitly which log file to share with me

is there a naming convention and i could tell my guy to look for a log file with that name?

thank you

i have seen 

-  a SASVisualAnalyticsTransport7.4   with entries from com.sas.bidata.error.DataErrorHandler

- a SASVisualAnalyticsTransport7.4   with entries from  com.sas.onebi.transportservices.utils.DataUtils

- an object spawner thatstarts Host: 'FDC1S-SASAPPP4', OS: 'WIN', Release: '6.3', Command: '"E:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\objspawn" -name "SAS [SASConfig-Lev1] Object Spawner"'

- a SASVAPooledWorkspacerServer  that starts with Host: 'FDC1S-SASAPPP4', OS: 'WIN', Release: '6.3', SAS Version: '9.04.01M4P11092016', Command: '"E:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe" -config "E:\SAS\SASConfig\Lev1\SASAppVA\PooledWorkspaceServer\sasv9.cfg" /nologo /noterminal /netencryptalgorithm AES /metaserver fdc1s-sasappp5.ferc.gov /metaport 8561 /metarepository Foundation /objectserver /objectserverparms "protocol=bridge spawned spp=53590 cid=203 dnsmatch=fdc1s-sasappp4.ferc.gov pb classfactory=620963ee-32bf-4128-bf5f-4b0df8ff90eb server=OMSOBJ:SERVERCOMPONENT/A5NTYCP4.AY000006 cel=everything lb sspool saslangrunas=client"'

rieley
Calcite | Level 5

other pieces of information that don't mean much to me but may mean something to the community

- my chrome browser does not recognize my SAS Visual Analytics server as a secure site and shows a line-through the https portion of the url and advises not secure with the red triangle icon to the left of the addreess entry

- i am using chrome Version 60.0.3112.78 (Official Build) (32-bit) 

- the fatalconnectionfactoryexception is intermittent

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried another supported browser like Internet Explorer and do you get the same problems?

rieley
Calcite | Level 5

i do not get the error in microsoft internet explorer

the error is intermittent in chrome

here is additional logging from a server file (i don't know which)

NFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/24 12:36:17 | at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/24 12:36:17 | at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/24 12:36:17 | at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy4211.preview(Unknown Source)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/24 12:36:17 | at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11797.invoke(Unknown Source)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/24 12:36:17 | at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/24 12:36:17 | at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/24 12:36:17 | at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:418)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/24 12:36:17 | ... 128 more
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/08/24 12:36:17 | Caused by: com.sas.svcs.jobexecution.client.JobException: com.sas.svcs.jobexecution.client.TaskExecutionException: com.sas.services.connection.FatalConnectionFactoryException: The native implementation module for the security package could not be found in the path. cause: com.sas.services.connection.FatalConnectionFactoryException: The native implementation module for the security package could not be found in the path.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation