BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hans_vanderBent
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to SAS Viya, and as a gis expert off course one of the first things I try is to add geographical data to a dempo server.

I have set the click box for use of the Esri plugin, and as soon as I click on import geo enrichment, I get a message that the token cannot be found. What could be wrong? Google had no answers for me So my hope lies here....

19 REPLIES 19
Hans_vanderBent
Calcite | Level 5

Fixed, added my Esri account datails, hoped to see a lot of Esri possibillities in SAS, but I cannot get the Dutch open data working. So a small step in all.

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Hi Hans,

After entering the ArcGIS Online credentials - you have access to Esri premiums services. These include access to demographic data and geographic selection (e.g. drive-time analysis). There are some details in the related documentation - assuming you are using SAS VA 8.2?

I'm not exactly sure what issues you have in regards to the Dutch open data. SAS supports import of various data formats including CSV, XLS or Esri shape files. If you have access to polygon data in Esri shape file format - there is a related doc explaining how to import these into SAS.

Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Forgot to mention - you may also find a recent blog I published useful https://blogs.sas.com/content/sascom/2018/01/30/building-visualizing-custom-polygons-sas-visual-anal... - as it described some of these aspects. Given you know about GIS - you may find this useful. Regards, Falko

Hans_vanderBent
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply, this is what I learned from our local Sas connection too.

What I am looking for is to be able to use the open data, and background images on the Dutch Esri site see screenshot.

The Dutch site has a lot of data avaliable for free were the geo-enrichment possibillity of esri.com charges a fee.... also the data on esri.com is less well defined.

2018-06-22.png

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

I see. So can I assume you have entered the full services url http://services.arcgisonline.nl/arcgis/rest/services in the Environment Manager as per http://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=calcdc&cdcVersion=3.3&docsetId=calconfig&docsetTarget=n08000s... (localEsriServicesUrl property for maps service)? Also, have added the related url to the whitelist using the allowedDomains property as per http://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=calcdc&cdcVersion=3.3&docsetId=calconfig&docsetTarget=n08000s... . After a refresh of VA - services should get loaded and be available for background map selection.

Note, that premium services are linked to ArcGIS Online and can’t be used with custom esri servers.

cheers, Falko

Hans_vanderBent
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply, followed up on your advice, but still no maps to be seen. Ill ask my esri contacts if there is something preventing their services to be seen by other applications.

this is all I see (note the Arrow indicating multiple layers is invisible at the Dutch service)2018-06-25.png

I used this link in aswell the maps service as the cross domain proxy

http://services.arcgisonline.nl/arcgis/rest/services

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

I just had a quick try using the url in my environment and it seems services get populated as expected:

arcgis_nl.png

Chances are that the white-list configuration or some other network issue preventing access to this service. I used a value "https?://.*\.arcgisonline\.nl(:\d+)?/" for allowedDomains for the crossdomainproxy service. 

You could also try opening the chrome debugger (F12) and open the network-tab. Refresh VA while the debugger is open. Once restarted - type in a filter value "arcgisonline" and it should show related service requests only. You may spot the one for arcgisonline.nl and the detail page may give more information why such failed.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Falko

Hans_vanderBent
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot!!

We are getting close now, the only issue I still see is that the Dutch Esri service uses dutch projection (RD New) and we have to get Viya to use that system instead of the WGS84 the EPSGcode of RD new is EPSG:28992 is it possible to enter that somewhere to get the wanted information in the right place?

Hans_vanderBent
Calcite | Level 5

We still seem to have issues using the dutch coördinates, we can see the dutch basemaps now, and our data has the right x/y data but somehow Viya refuses to plot our data on the right spot. We loaded our csv file giving the data the EPSG:28992 custom entry for the coördinate system, but I believe SAS does not recognise the esri service being in the same system (Ersi.nl that is) Does vIya look at the metadata of the GIS server, and see its system settings?

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Let me check with our mapping experts here whether there are any limitations/restrictions in terms of supported projections.

Hans_vanderBent
Calcite | Level 5

That would be great, thanks for the help thus far.

To make the current situation clear:

We can get the Esri NL server to show data;

We can get our data to show using lat/lon, but as soon as we use our data giving the dutch system ESPG:28992 it shows not over the dutch esri service.

So My best guess is that the Esri NL server is not recognised as using the Dutch coördinate system

JeffP
SAS Employee

There is an appropriate place in the panel for creating a geography variable where you can enter custom coordinate spaces for your custom coordinates.  From the drop-down under "Coordinate space" at the bottom of the panel, choose "Custom" and then a text box will appear where you can enter your custom value.  "EPSG:28992" will work in your case.

VA supports as many data coordinate systems as it does display coordinate systems.  Not every data system is compatible with every display system, but that is not the case here since both your data and view are 28992.  Here is what the panel should look like:

Capture.PNG

If this does not work for you, perhaps you can share your coordinates and I can investigate further.

Hans_vanderBent
Calcite | Level 5

Good morning, is there a way I can send you some of our data.

We get the same results, the panel works, but we cant get our data to show on the map.

I can give you a small batch, say 10 records and the adress for the dutch esri server is mentioned above, when we use falco's way to enter that adress in the cross domain proxy it works. 

Giving our data the custom projection shows 100% match, but we cant see the data on the Dutch map. When I open the same data in ArcGIS it is spot on.

JeffP
SAS Employee

You can attach an Excel spreadsheet or a sas data set or you can email it to me at jeff.phillips@sas.com.  Does it matter which map service is chosen from the ones available at the site listed?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation