BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
YannRC
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I have an emergency because i have to solve something Quickly.

I have a database with several update in the same day. I would like to measure only with the mast update.

But it's impossible to filter with something like that. dateofupdate = max(forall, Dateofupdate) because an aggregate data is not allowed on a filter.

Do you have a solution please?

YannRC_0-1728594681421.png

1 REPLY 1
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

I'm not sure of the structure of your underlying data. Are you showing the detail data, or is it aggregated? And, is your Frequence a real measure column or is it the generated Frequency that is derived automatically?

If your data is actually that simple, you could try just changing the date column to a format that doesn't have a time component. Then all of the rows for each date could be aggregated by Max.

Otherwise you could try creating an aggregated data source. https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/v_027/vareportdata/n1o2pvak2xw7jln13a2mxkytdmm4.htm

Let us know if that helps,

Sam

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation