BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
makarand
Obsidian | Level 7

i've column containing dates as applicable and other field as value -Not Available-

sas va has considered that column as character and converted dates into numbers like 42494 (expectedly).

now I want to use those dates in to analysis..

any Idea on how to consider only numbers from that column and converting that numbers into dates ..

date format is mmddyy8.

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
TedStolarczyk
SAS Employee

makarand:

Are you looking for this? That is, converting numerics (that are actually SAS numerics from data formats) back to date format?

If so, the same TreatAs function that converts dates to numerics can also convert numerics back to dates.

For example (and this is just from a random Google search):

http://www.listendata.com/2016/06/visual-analytics-convert-numeric-variable-to-date.html

Or ... are you actually looking to do this instead?  That is, convert a custom numeric format that is date to you (e.g. 20150223) and you want it to be a date to Visual Analytics?  If so, something like that is going to require using SAS Visual Data Builder because formulas like this are not possible directly within Visual Analytics Explorer or Designer:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/SAS-Numeric-to-Date-in-SAS-VA/td-p/189680

Or ... perhaps I'm missing what you are actually after and neither of above are applicable to your question?

Hope this helps,

Ted Stolarczyk, SAS Customer Loyalty team

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation