BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

I have a unix environment and have installed a non distribited LASR server. So i want to know what is the maximum size i can load to lasr server before reaching its threshold which is set at 80% 

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are using Environment Manager with your SAS VA installation it reports both used, free and total memory. Memory usage cannot be "calculated" only measured.   

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @naveenraj,

I would contact SAS Technical Support for that. From my perspective it is not only about the maximum size of table you can load into LASR, but it is a question of: the maximum size of table you can load into LASR, and keeping the same performance or, at least do not exceed a performance limit (defined by GUI/reports reponse time). You need to manage your users expectations and maintain them happy :).

SAS Institute has the Excellence Center, on which they do a lot of benchmarks on a daily basis, therefore ONLY they can provide this information on the most accurate way. 

This information is based on:

You hardware: CPUs, Memory, speed of your BUS communications, the server, operating system, etc.

Your functional requirements: response time required (eg, 15 seconds max), the amount of heavy and light users, the maximum of the total data that can be uploaded (uncompressed), and the biggest table that can be uploaded (uncompressed).

Besides this, your company should most probably have a document from the SAS Excellence Center as an outcome of the last sizing of your server. On that document it is explained most of this information, in case that document is up to date.

And then, only with thsi information you can start making good calculations.

PS. I think this topics can reach a better public if you include it on the Administration and Deployment Community. Of course you can find people here, but the questions looks more related to a technical question, than a functional one.

I hope this can help you a bit!

Best regards,

Juan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation