BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ram1981mehta
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my post.I am attaching my requirements , it's part of the retail insights report (Sample report)

https://www.sas.com/en_gb/software/business-intelligence/visual-analytics/demo/retail-insights/sampl...

I am attaching the screen shot of my requirements, I want to display a measure i.e. in millions.

Can you please suggest any ideas.

Thanks,

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Well using SAS user-defined formats as described in this post is not going to work as they can't be applied to measures. I'm wondering if the VA 7.4 text object may help here. We haven't upgraded to 7.4 yet so I can't try it out.

puneetwadhwa85
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Did anyone got answer to this thread.... even I am trying to do so but no solution yet. Please reply back soon if you got solution.

Regards

Puneet

SnehasisTTPL
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Puneet,

You can do it in SAS VA level.

1. new calculated column>Amounts in Crores=Actual amount/10000000

2.Create a new calculated column>Amounts in Lakhs=Actual amount/100000

q5pham
Obsidian | Level 7

It took me a while to look for the solution to the same question you raised. Here is the code I found from http://robslink.com/SAS/democd18/mixture.sas and it perfectly works. In case some of you are still looking for it.

/* User-defined format to show million (or billion) format */
proc format;
     picture kmb
        0-999='000,009.9' (prefix='$')
        1000-999999='009k' (prefix='$' mult=1e-3)
        1000000-999999999='009m' (prefix='$' mult=1e-6)
        1000000000-high='000,000,009b' (prefix='$' mult=1e-9)
        ;
run;

SAS_Explorer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @MichelleHomes, @q5pham

I'm also trying the same, Let me tell what all I did.

1. In SMC I've created a library pointing to "C:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\SASFormats"

2. Using the below code I've created a format

libname udfmt 'C:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\SASFormats';
proc format library = udfmt;
	picture INR low-high='00,00,00,00,000.00';
RUN;
data test1;
	a=54233521212;
  format a INR.;
run;

options fmtsearch=(udfmt);

3. I got a "formats.sas7dcat" file at the directory "C:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\SASFormats"

Now, How to register and deploy this catalogue at SAS Application Server so that I can use it in SAS VA?

Regards,

SAS Explorer

TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Refer to this SAS note for guidance about using formats with the default library:

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 in conversation