BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ytingstr
Calcite | Level 5

I am filling in details in my CV and cannot remember when SAS VA was released for the first time. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ylva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @ytingstr,

perhaps I have problems trusting such kind questions, but to me it sounds strange. 

Hope I understood it wrong and you are not trying to trick your CV, that would't bring you our your prospects anywhere 🙂

Anyway, for whom would look for this information out of curiosity and all of you who google or support.sas.com matched you with this thread: 

While not sure, I think SAS Visual Analytics 6.1 (the first version I can remember) was released somewhere December 2012.

Perhaps one of our dear SAS colleagues can complete this info.

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @ytingstr,

perhaps I have problems trusting such kind questions, but to me it sounds strange. 

Hope I understood it wrong and you are not trying to trick your CV, that would't bring you our your prospects anywhere 🙂

Anyway, for whom would look for this information out of curiosity and all of you who google or support.sas.com matched you with this thread: 

While not sure, I think SAS Visual Analytics 6.1 (the first version I can remember) was released somewhere December 2012.

Perhaps one of our dear SAS colleagues can complete this info.

Kind regards,

Juan

ytingstr
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried to google SAS Support, but that can be a skill in itself. If you find an easy way, please let me know.

Thanks for your reply. That should be close enough. 

And of course, I would never dream of making things up in my CV Smiley Surprised

Ylva

Renato_sas
SAS Employee

December 2012 is correct, but the first release was 5.1.

Best,

Renato

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Oh, wow, @Renato_sas, thank you 🙂

Do you have any nice screenshot of 5.1? For memories of some and my geeky interest.

Renato_sas
SAS Employee

I've got a couple.

Picture1.pngPicture2.png

Best,

Renato

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you for that, Renato

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Would you not want to put in how much experience you have on the product rather than when things were released?  To me if I see a CV I would be more interested in examples of how you have used the tool, and possibly a rough idea of for how long in years, rather than information about the tool.

ytingstr
Calcite | Level 5

I need to insert the number of years of experience and since I was working at SAS Institute at the time of release, I have used it since then. After leaving, it could actually be quite tricky to remember all the things that happened in different years.

Ylva

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation