BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Stevphen
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone,

I'm comfortable using this to write URLs to pre-filter certain reports, but I also need to be able to email these reports and this option is greyed out (along with edit report, refresh report, and report properties). Possibly related to this (but not an issue) is that instead of the report name, the window is titled 'View Report'. My url is something like this:

http://server/SASVisualAnalyticsViewer/VisualAnalyticsViewer.jsp?reportName=reportname&reportPath=%2Freport%2Fpath&set_parameter=parameter_value

I'm on VA 7.3

EDIT: I'm able to send emails when accessing reports normally.

Thanks,

Steven

7 REPLIES 7
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Stevphen,

if you access the report, without the parametrized URL, can you see those options? If you cannot, probably your SAS VA roles have been modified and the Email capability is not included.

Could you please check this?

Juan

Stevphen
Fluorite | Level 6

Sorry, should have mentioned that to start with.

Yes, I can send emails from a report I've accessed normally

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I am not sure at this moment if I would have the answer for you, but let us try together to get to it.

- do you have single sign - on (do you need to provide user and password ) to access your SAS VA Hub and reports?

- if you don't: could you please log out, and try to access VA with one of those URLs? Is it asking you for credentials before seeing the report? or not?

Stevphen
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Juan

We've not got single sign-on, but our accounts are synced to Active Directory.

I get prompted for my username and password if I'm not logged in already. Whether I have to log in first or not, the email option is greyed out.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

All right, then, sorry @Stevphen, I think I do not have an answer for you, since I am not aware of the workflow loaded in this scenario.

Wait a bit more, perhaps some of the brilliants mind here can give you your answer.

In case nobody can provide an answer you here, I suggest you to share the question with SAS Technical Support.

Stevphen
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for trying, I think I'll have to go to tech support on this one.

I was hoping there might be a way to force the email option to be enabled in the URL or something

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Pleasure. Please let us know if tech support gives you a workaround, such as an extra paramenter on the URL, of if there is no option at all. It will help others.

Good luck

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation