BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Thanuja
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to update the theme we are using in SAS Visual Analytics(7.1) using SAS Theme Designer. I did not understand the difference between "Save" and "Deploy" option. I know that only themes that are deployed are available for end-users to set them as their preferences. Then what does save do? Just save the theme and place it in memory. Why do we need a seperate deploy option.

2 REPLIES 2
ShannonMoore
SAS Employee

Thanuja, Deploying a theme makes the most-recently saved version of the theme available to end users. If you modify a custom theme, be sure to save the changes before deploying the theme. Does this answer your question? Shannon

Thanuja
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that answers my question. However, I am curious to know Why do we need to have two separate options of "Save" and "Deploy".Once we save the theme with changes, won't the theme be updated with the changes to the end users. For e.g.,let's take report designer. We design reports and they are available to the end users for viewing. When we make any changes to the reports in the designer, those changes are dynamically updated in the report viewer for the end users. Why isn't the same concept not applied to the themes too?

Thanks in advance

Thanuja

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation