BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
india2016
Pyrite | Level 9

We are planning to update the daily data running scripts in linux. I want autoload the daily data on linux environment.

What is procedure for doing the same?.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance.

🙂

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

How are you loading you data, currently? AutoLoad, Queries, manually on the query builder, manually on the Administrator page?

This information will help us to give you the best advice. But some heads up:

- Autoload is great, you can create an autoload folder/library, which will be attached to a script that will run in cron, then your data will be updated as soon as the script is triggered. THe account that triggers cron requires permissions on folder, the library and LASR.

- If you have queries, the best way is to schedule those queries. The accounts (users and/or lasradm) should have permissions on the data, the data sources as dbs, on LASR, the libraries and on the at command in order to schedule the queries.

THere might be some other ways, as proc imstat if you have the license, and so, but let's start with those 2 basics.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

How are you scheduling automated jobs in your organization? I strongly advise to attach your batch job requirements to that, instead of creating an island solution that is not interoperable with the rest of the organization.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation