BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wave43
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a multiple numeric  variables (costs of services) where I want to show signficant descreases in mean costs before and after an event. 

I have a member level dataset consisting of 8,000 records where each of these cost variables are defined.

Example Variables:

before_event_cost_1

after_event_cost_1

before_event_cost_2

after_event_cost_2

before_event_cost_3

after_event_cost_3

I ran t-tests in BASE SAS to show significance decreases. However, I would like to visually display the decreases to these mean values before and after the event using SAS visual analytics.

What are some objects or capabilities in SAS visual analytics where I can do this?  

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You can create a calculated item that first calculates the difference for each event and then calculated the mean, I think you need to add all events manually in the calculation.

Ex. mean(event_after1-event_before1,event_after2-event_before_2.....)

//Fredrik

wave43
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, I understand how to create the new variables for the averages. I am looking for suggestions on a visual display.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation