BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dmcloughlin
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am generating a cluster ID variable using the k-means clustering capability within VS - I would then like to view this field, but need to go back to VA to do this.  The only option I can see to do this is by going to file, extended features and then going to view data in VA.

When i do this, I lose the Cluster ID created in VS, so the only way I can get the value at present is by exporting the model code and applying to the same underpinning SAS dataset and doing some analysis in EG.  Is this likely to be a permissions issue, or is it not possible to bring the data back into VA from VS?    I am guessing I dont have write access within VS, but not sure how to check.... no log etc.

PS I am working on a demo environment with no access to MC to check user permissions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ted_werner_sas_com
SAS Employee

The approach you are currently taking is the only way to  get those values(Cluster) in Exploration.  However, Visual Analytics 7.2 releasing soon early May you will have Exploration and Visual Statistics combined.  What you are asking to do in the next release will be in one UI.  So as you create the clusters you can leverage that in Exploration for visualization and drive filters based on the clusters as well. We are listening to what you guys are asking for and one of the big items has been tighter integration of Visual Statistics and Visual Analytics Explorer.

Regards,

Ted Werner

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ted_werner_sas_com
SAS Employee

The approach you are currently taking is the only way to  get those values(Cluster) in Exploration.  However, Visual Analytics 7.2 releasing soon early May you will have Exploration and Visual Statistics combined.  What you are asking to do in the next release will be in one UI.  So as you create the clusters you can leverage that in Exploration for visualization and drive filters based on the clusters as well. We are listening to what you guys are asking for and one of the big items has been tighter integration of Visual Statistics and Visual Analytics Explorer.

Regards,

Ted Werner

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation