BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

I am new to SAS and I am trying to get my environment setup for our end users.  I attend a couple admin classes back some time ago, before our system install was actually complete - so, I didn't really know what questions to ask at the time.  Looking at our system, I see that we have the following Data Libraries - Visual Analytics LASR and Visual Analytics Public LASR (and we have similar for HDFS).  My question is...which one do you use and under what circumstances?

Thanks,

Ricky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

Hi Ricky

You may want to get some user requirements. If you can provide what the users need we may be able to help.

1. Are your users non-programmers

2. Development programmers who can use a local power workstation/laptop for development

3. Ahhoc or development and not Big Data(single table temp or perm>1TB) or Big Computation (8hr jobs requireing 32+ cores)

My understanding is that VA is not Big Data in memory (>1TB)

rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

Most of my Report/Dashboard designers will be using DataBuilder, EG, and VA Designer.  Then, I will have users (non- designers/developers) consuming the Reports/Dashboards.  We may expose some Reports/Dashboards via the web, allowing anonymous access.

Does that help?

Thanks,

Ricky

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest reading the VA Admin documentation will aid your understanding especially since it is now publically available:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/SAS-Visual-Analytics-Administration-Documentatio...

rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9
Great document. Thanks for the suggestion.
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Ricky,

Consider/Use Public Laser for Public/Open data that everybody (Internal & External) can access. Your external consumers could access the VA reports and dashboards via the guest url (http://host/SASVisualAnalyticsHub/guest.jsp).

Your regular LASR would be used for you internal users with their imposed Security Access Controls, permissions, ...etc.

*Just a side note, depending on the size of your installation, if you have RAM >TB cofigured for your installation, you will be able to load Big data into your LASR Analytical Server.

Hope this help,

Ahmed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation