BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I noticed that users replaced the SAS VA report load video with a custom video.  How is that done?

It looks like SAS theme Designer for Flex allows .swf files which are of flash format to be loaded.  What other formats are allowed?

Is there a way to display different flash screens based on if it is there first time loading?

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @DavidPhillips2,

yes, you are right, it is possible.

The screen/video depends first if it you selected a SAS Home (SASVisualAnalyticsHub) running with Classic (Flash) or Modern (HTML5) mode. In this case, all points to the fact that we speak about Classic mode.

I do not think that, from the Theme Designer, anything else than a swf is officially supported, I also don;t think that it will support device recognition to switch splash screens automatically (only Classic and Modern view are supported through the user preferences). Perhaps SAS Technical Support can answer better this question.

To support more possibilities (change the tipe of object for splash screens, device or geo recognition, etc), the only option is to deviate from what SAS officially supports, and modify the web application itself ( /sas/config/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer12_1/sas_webapps/sas.visualanalyticshub.war/ ).

However, a remark: you need to evaluate carefully if you would like to deviate from supported operations. I mean, SAS VA is "just" another web application that follows IT/Web standards, a big and incredibly good one, but a web application. Hence, web developers in your organisation can perhaps support customisation and tweaking. But also, if there is a problem, SAS might not be able to support future issues. It is a hard decision that can only be made by your company.

My personal advise is to not deviate from supported operations, especially if you have any doubt.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation