BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pedrammobedi
Quartz | Level 8

I am a VA newbie.

I have an aggregated measure (Format: Percent) that needs to be displayed on a report. But I cannot find a proper object to display its value.

The person who was in charge of the report has found a rather lousy workaround. He has:

1. Created a pie chart.
  2. Created a calculated item called One with value simply equal to 1.
  3. Add the above item as the category to pie chart.
  4. Set the pie chart's measure to the aggregated measure.
  5. Set pie chart's colors so they become invisible in the report.bRobot tongue

And all this was because he could not find a better way to display this value on report and neither can I. I have used QlikView before and displaying calculated values was quite a simple task.

Is there a way to display the value of an aggregated measure as simple text on a report? Or do I have a philosophical problem here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EWS
Obsidian | Level 7 EWS
Obsidian | Level 7

Showing a single value in VA is not that simple, current VA version is missing this pretty straightforward feature, a workaround which we use:

Table as object, hide column header(s) and vertical line(s), with this you can more or less show a single value.

note: you will missing the controls how to show your measure, like no way to centre the value in the column 

The good news (if i'm informed correctly) in the next version this should be fixed with an additional object which can show single values with more controls.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EWS
Obsidian | Level 7 EWS
Obsidian | Level 7

Showing a single value in VA is not that simple, current VA version is missing this pretty straightforward feature, a workaround which we use:

Table as object, hide column header(s) and vertical line(s), with this you can more or less show a single value.

note: you will missing the controls how to show your measure, like no way to centre the value in the column 

The good news (if i'm informed correctly) in the next version this should be fixed with an additional object which can show single values with more controls.

pedrammobedi
Quartz | Level 8

@EWS thank you! I also tried this solution but thought there is a better way. I will wait for the next version then. But you have a correct answer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation