BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Requirement

VA 6.2 reports to surface data "near real-time". Intraday updates in 15 min cycles.

Without a full re-fresh I understand that I can only append data (no update/delete). Over the period of a day around 5% of data will change.

I could append new rows using a column with a datestamp value. Not sure though how I could use such a column to filter data.

As a SQL it would be something along the line "....group by key    having max(datestamp)=datestamp"

Can something like this be implemented within VA without a full re-fresh of the data?

Thanks

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidHenderson
SAS Employee

Unfortunately, the ability to update, delete and append rows to LASR tables is not available in Visual Analytics 6.2.

But, good news! We are scheduled to release VA 6.3 and LASR 2.2 in December-- that release will include the tools needed to make the table updates you are wanting. It will require custom SAS code, but it will be possible

In future releases, we will continue to refine functionality available in the UI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I must assume no answer means: Can't be done without a full refresh of the table loaded into VA.

DavidHenderson
SAS Employee

Unfortunately, the ability to update, delete and append rows to LASR tables is not available in Visual Analytics 6.2.

But, good news! We are scheduled to release VA 6.3 and LASR 2.2 in December-- that release will include the tools needed to make the table updates you are wanting. It will require custom SAS code, but it will be possible

In future releases, we will continue to refine functionality available in the UI.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Great news! Can't wait for this Xmas present then.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation