BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sht
Fluorite | Level 6 sht
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Team,

Greetings for the day!!!....

I am facing issue while opening any report in VA Viewer. Report takes too much time to open.

Can you please tell me what can be the reasons and how to resolve this.

Thanks....

6 REPLIES 6
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

There could be many reasons for this... Please provide some details relating to your environment:

• What version of SAS Visual Analytics are you using?
  • Are you using the Modern or Classic Viewer
  • What content does your report contain? ie/ how many sections, report objects etc is it running stored processes
  • What browser are you using and what version
  • do you get a time-out or any messages?
  • How long does it take to load? What is your definition of "too much time"?
  • If using the Classic viewer what version of Adobe Flash do you have installed?

Here are a few support notes you can have a look at:

Please also first search this SAS Visual Analytics community as there have been previous discussions on this topic too such as https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Huge-speed-difference-between-modern-and-classic...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
sht
Fluorite | Level 6 sht
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Michelle,

Version of VA is 7.3

Viewer is classic

There are no stored processes but sections are maximum 4 and each section contains contains 3-4 report objects and 3-4 filters.

Browser is Internet Explorer 11

Sometimes I get message like 'Report is taking time to open Do you want to continue?'

It is taking more than 30 seconds to open report

Thanks

TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Michelle is on the right track.  Allow me to just add that I've seen that message in these circumstances:

-The underlying dataset was large and took a long time to render.  As a test you can pre-filter it. For instance, if the data has 20 products, just limit it to 1 to see if that influences the time.

-Another time we had some hardware that was starting to fail.  This is less likely to be the cause but is something to be aware of.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sht
Fluorite | Level 6 sht
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Tricia,

Thanks for reply.
Size of table is large its above 4gb, but data is already filtered.
Is there any other setting by which speed will be enhanced.

Thanks
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I don't think 4GB is exceptionally large.  The dataset we were using was well over 16 GB on a non-distributed server.

Check if the LASR server has any data that can be removed so your dataset has more space to work.  Many times I see people load multiple copies of the same dataset with a few minor changes.  They don't remove the downlevel datasets - so you will see   Test_data_V1, Test_Data_v2, Test_data_v3, etc.   

You might see if you can reduce the size of the dataset.

• Reduce the size of the character fields.  Use PROC CONTENTS to review the length.  For instance, we had a field that had survey responses that was set to a length of 50 and the responses were "Yes" and "No".  We reset that size to 8.

We were able to reduce the dataset size nearly in half using this techniques.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks for describing your environment.

There is a known issue with large SAS Visual Analytic reports performing poorly as described at http://support.sas.com/kb/56/894.html You may want to try the test suggested in the note and apply the hotfix if it applies to your situation.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation