BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Elle
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I'm doing a scatter plot with a linear fit line. 

I would like to export (in whatever format) the Details, more specifically the equation that's being generated, correlation coefficient and R-square.

I need to use the estimates in another calculation. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do it?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
varsha_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Elle,

You can export the underlying data for a scatter plot, but you can't export the equation, correlation coefficient, or r-square value. Do you have SAS Visual Statistics licensed as well? If you do, you could right click on the scatterplot, then click on "Launch", then open up one of the visualizations in Visual Statistics (linear regression, generalized linear model, etc.), through which you could get to the r-square and additional details. 

I hope this helps!

Varsha

Elle
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

Yes I have Visual Statistics, but passing to linear regression switches my response variable with the explanatory variable and everything gets duplicated, which is a major inconvenience since there are a lot of scatter plots generated at a high frequency.

This option would be perfect if somehow I could program VA to do it automatically whenever a scatter plot is created. Any thoughts on that?

varsha_sas
SAS Employee
Hi Elle,

Unfortunately, there is no way to program this in VA. The best option you have is to export the details manually, or, change to a linear regression and continue working in VS.

I'm sorry we don't have a better solution at this time, but please keep the questions coming.

Thanks!

Varsha

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation