BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hello All,

I am getting an error as below while exporting a data query from sas SMC,Though i have unrestricted access.

INFO - Log file created: C:\Users\SOduru\AppData\Roaming\SAS\Logs\Export_170517161534.log
INFO - Current Time: 17 May 2017 4:15:34 PM
INFO - User Name: SOduru
INFO - ******** Analyzing Objects ********
INFO - ******** Starting Export Process ********
INFO - Exporting objects to package: C:\Users\SOduru\Documents\Package8.spk
INFO - Exporting the following objects:
1 Visual data query object:
/Shared Data/ETL_JOBS/Vault/DataQuery/CUSTOMER_ADDRESS_DQ

INFO - ******** Exporting Metadata ********
INFO - Metadata exported successfully.
INFO - ******** Exporting Content ********
INFO - Exporting content for Visual data query objects.
INFO - Reading content for visual data query "CUSTOMER_ADDRESS_DQ"
ERROR - Could not retrieve the database information for visual data query "CUSTOMER_ADDRESS_DQ". Reason java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:514)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.updateContext(QueryDbUtil.java:200)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.setConfiguration(QueryDbUtil.java:231)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.getQuery(QueryDbUtil.java:420)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.QueryDbUtil.getQueryReader(QueryDbUtil.java:505)
com.sas.databuilder.metadata.VisualDataQueryExportListener.exportContent(VisualDataQueryExportListener.java:111)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.ExportHandler.exportContent(ExportHandler.java:596)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.ExportHandler.runExport(ExportHandler.java:519)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.visuals.ExportExecutePanel$ExportThread.launchOperation(ExportExecutePanel.java:76)
com.sas.metadata.promotion.visuals.AbstractExecutePanel$ExecutionThread.run(AbstractExecutePanel.java:437)

Please kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep.o

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @sandeep_reddy,

is your VA server configured with certificates, meaning, do you access VA with https (with s, after http) on the URL?

If this the situation, you might require to import the certificates (CA, Intermediate, and server certificate) into the SASPrivateJRE java store on each client.

A good way to test if you require to do this, is to try to validate your SAS Content Server from each SAS Management Console. If you get a PKIX error, then you need to import the certificates.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi Sandeep,

It might be a better option for you to raise that issue with your Technical Support.

Regarding the SMC instance you're using, you'll have to check what is installed.

Usage Note 55607 (SAS® Management Console might not enable you to use the promotion tools to move SAS® Visual Analytics content objects) might be relevant to the behaviour you're experiencing.

(If logical types are missing and you won't get a chance in the short term to add them, you may want to perform the same action from your MidTier/WebTier server for instance, if the SMC is installed there).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Damo

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Damo,

I have checked in my both compute and mid tier servers all Logical types are installed properly. Issue is with one user is able to perform and another user is not able to. Both users have unrestricted access only and have both execute and viwe and admin rights as well.

Please kindly let me know if any thing i can check to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep.o

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

For immediate relief, I would suggest trying the export using a copy of SAS Management Console installed on the middle tier where Visual Analytics is deployed.

Possible causes of the issue are:

• You are missing the Visual Analyics logical types on the computer where you are seeing the error per SAS Note http://support.sas.com/kb/55/607.html
  • The Visual Analytics web application server is not running when you attempt the export
  • The query itself is corrupt.  Do you get the same error with any query? 

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Madelyn,

I have checked in my both compute and mid tier servers all Logical types are installed properly. Issue is with one user is able to perform and another user is not able to. Both users have unrestricted access only and have both execute and view and admin rights as well.

Please kindly let me know if any thing i can check to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep.o
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @sandeep_reddy

Is one of the user an internal account (@saspw) ? It could be the reason if that user does not have an external identities (and can't launch a Workspace Server).

If that does not help you, you should really be in touch with your SAS Technical Support, that way you can share the complete log, users' definitions, etc. This is the best avenue.

Cheers,
Damo

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @sandeep_reddy,

is your VA server configured with certificates, meaning, do you access VA with https (with s, after http) on the URL?

If this the situation, you might require to import the certificates (CA, Intermediate, and server certificate) into the SASPrivateJRE java store on each client.

A good way to test if you require to do this, is to try to validate your SAS Content Server from each SAS Management Console. If you get a PKIX error, then you need to import the certificates.

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Juan,
Thanks for the solution..
Yes ,My content server has given me the same error when i try to validate ,but all certificates are in place . Please kindly let me know where i can check for this path
javax.net.ssl.trustStore=!SASHOME/jre1.5_SR5/jre/lib/security/jssecacerts.
Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep.o

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @sandeep_reddy

Are you wondering what the !SASHOME reference is?

It is where all your SAS binaries are installed (SAS Foundation, etc.)

Said that, you mentioned earlier that out of 2 users, 1 has the problem, not the other one.

Did you run the test on the same machine or did you use a separate machine per user?

What I'm saying is that if you used only one machine to conduct both tests, the issue might not be related to the certificate (has both users would use the same configuration in that case).

But if you use the same user on 2 separate machines, the certificate might be the cause of the problem.

Cheers, 

Damo

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Damo,

I am just confused with SASHOME directory which is in client and What we call SASHOME in servers.

From servers i have exported and imported the packages successfully . The issue is with client machines and i have validated all the certificates. All certificates are in place . Is there something i need to add in sasmc.ini file in client machine.

Much awaited for your responce,

Thanks in Advance,

Sandeep.

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @sandeep_reddy

SASHOME concept is the same on any machine (you just won't find the same components installed in both).

Now I will reiterate my previous advice about contacting Technical Support https://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/

They'll be able to compare your deploymentregistry reports, review logs, etc. and assist you in a better timely manner (and they'll be in your timezone too Smiley Very Happy)

Cheers,

Damo

Creeback
Fluorite | Level 6

Work for me. Thanks =D

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation