BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mbosma
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I am using VA 7.2 and I have a question about mapping a column to two different columns in an Info Window. I know that a column can only be linked to one other column, so I tried duplicating the column and link the duplicate to the second column. However, I want to display all the rows where either the first column equals the chosen value or the second column equals the chosen value. Let me illustrate the problem with a simple example. I have 5 players that play a simple game (coinflip), and I want to see all the games a player has played by clicking on the player. Let the List Table containing the players be given by:

Player      Wins

A              3

B              1

C              0

D              2

E              1

Now, I want to click on the row for player A and see all the games played by player A. So I want to have an Info Window, containing a List Table that looks like this:

Player 1     Player2     Winner   

A                B                1 

A                D                2 

E                A                1 

A                C                1 

B                A                2

Hence, I want to map the column Player from the first List Table to Player 1 and Player 2 in the second List Table. However, by duplicating the column Player, and linking one to Player 1 and one to Player 2, the Info Window will only show the rows where both Player 1 and Player 2 are equal to A, which are none. I know a solution could be to duplicate the entire dataset with games and create 2 rows for every game and write both players once as player 1. However, I prefer not to duplicate the data set due to its size, and the 2 columns do have a different interpretation in my data set. 

Does anybody have an other solution how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Mick

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I can't see an easy solution unless you upgrade to 7.4. There you can use parameters to filter your list and inthe filter you can specify "player1 eq [parameter] or player2 eq [parameter]".

Could your solution be that you use two lists in your info window, one for each player?

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation