BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
juliamorgan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have two bar charts that each need to take up a full tab, but they both have the same information, only difference is one shows percentage and one shows the actual number.

Is there any way to have a button bar (or something else) so that I only need one tab / graph and report users can select whether they wish to view as a percentage or number?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, 

Yes you can, there are some examples in the following link that show how to use a parameter to achieve similar results 

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2015/01/29/using-parameters-in-sas-visual-analytics/

You would basically have a calculated item for percentage and a seperate one for count. A third calculated item would then select the one to use based on the parameter chosen by the user.

One problem I have encountered when doing the same thing is the format of the final calculated item is fixed, you can change the calulation based on the selected parameter but not the format, therefore percentages end up being dispalyed as 0.8 rather than 80%. someone out there may have a solution for that though.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, 

Yes you can, there are some examples in the following link that show how to use a parameter to achieve similar results 

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2015/01/29/using-parameters-in-sas-visual-analytics/

You would basically have a calculated item for percentage and a seperate one for count. A third calculated item would then select the one to use based on the parameter chosen by the user.

One problem I have encountered when doing the same thing is the format of the final calculated item is fixed, you can change the calulation based on the selected parameter but not the format, therefore percentages end up being dispalyed as 0.8 rather than 80%. someone out there may have a solution for that though.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation