BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm experimenting with new implementations of autoload in VA 7.4 (on Windows server). I got it all set up, but noticed that the scheduled job that was created would be running under my own user account. Which, for the purposes of this, would be fine until I had to change my password. So I changed the account to the LASR administrator service account, which doesn't require password changes. However, this didn't work. Looking at the log it appeared that it wasn't picking up the extended attributes of the LASR library. Sure enough, the LASR administrator account doesn't have permissions to the folder which contains this library.

So, my question is, should the LASR administrator not have full SAS administrator access? Currently it is a member of the VA Data Administrators and Visual Data Builder Administrators groups, and the Management Console: Advanced role. But not SAS Administrators.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for responses from @SASKiwi and @Madelyn_SAS.

My main issue here was finding an account with the permissions to run the scheduled tasks. Because we have multiple LASR libraries with a complex access control structure, and so potentially multiple autoloads, I needed to identify an Active Directory domain account which had administrator access, both at the OS and SAS metadata levels. The LASR Administrator account wasn't a member of the SAS Administrator group or the Windows local administrators and I wasn't sure if adding it to them was potentially a bad idea. But after talking to a nice man at SAS I am reassured and therefore I'm able to use the LASR Administrator account to run the schedules.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried the general SAS Admin account, often called sasadm (but may by customised)?

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks @SASKiwi, I imagine that will work given that sasadm is unrestricted.

Is there any official guidance on which account(s) should be used for things like autoloads? I haven't come across any.

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Actually, thinking about it, sasadm is an internal SAS account so won't work for Windows Scheduler.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The account requirements are in the SAS Visual Analytics Administration Guide under How to Start Autoload.

The scheduler account for autoload can be any account that has host-layer privileges required to start the associated SAS LASR Analytic Server. See Host Account Privileges in the SAS Visual Analytics Administration Guide. In addition, the account needs, R and W access to the autoload directories and their contents. For the permissions required on objects such as LASR tables and libraries, see Permissions: LASR Tables and Servers.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You are correct, but the SAS Demo User (sasdemo?) should be an OS account

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for responses from @SASKiwi and @Madelyn_SAS.

My main issue here was finding an account with the permissions to run the scheduled tasks. Because we have multiple LASR libraries with a complex access control structure, and so potentially multiple autoloads, I needed to identify an Active Directory domain account which had administrator access, both at the OS and SAS metadata levels. The LASR Administrator account wasn't a member of the SAS Administrator group or the Windows local administrators and I wasn't sure if adding it to them was potentially a bad idea. But after talking to a nice man at SAS I am reassured and therefore I'm able to use the LASR Administrator account to run the schedules.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation