BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mhamlett
Quartz | Level 8

VA 7.3  - displaying a large amount of data in a table on a tab

i have a tab on a report that by default displays 10,000's of records. i can notice a lag in the report load because of this.

i dont want the user to access this tab directly. it is meant to be accessed by another tab(same report) where the user double clicks on a row in a table and then is taken to this detail tab where the data is substantially filtered to only a few hundred records.

is there a best practice to handle this scenario?

i cant hide the tab to prevent direct access to it?

i cant seem to find any option to display no data unless a filter is passed.

any suggestions?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
vivek_sas
Obsidian | Level 7

@mhamlett

Use Info Window To Display Detailed Data.

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Info windows are described in the SAS Visual Analytics User's Guide.  See the Add an Info Window to a Report and Create a Link to one or More Info Windows in a Report topics.

-Joy

mhamlett
Quartz | Level 8

i was able to find the info window how to information.  great feature.

im glad it was pointed out to me.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi mhamlett,

I'm glad you found some useful info! Can you choose of the replies as the solution by "Accepting it as a solution"? And perhaps mark the other as helpful by "Liking" it? This will help other community members who have the same question.

Thanks!
Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation