BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EWS
Obsidian | Level 7 EWS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I was wondering if there is anyway to get the timestamp of a dataset into a report.

3 REPLIES 3
skillman
SAS Employee

In my environment the LASR load pulls the most recent data from views in Oracle with a predefined prefix. In those views I have a column titled "Refresh Date" and the value is sysdate. When the views are queried the "Refresh Date" column automatically gets the value of the current timestamp in Oracle. This works great for us and any user can look at the "Refresh Date" column in VA to see when the data was last updated.

-shawn

EWS
Obsidian | Level 7 EWS
Obsidian | Level 7

Shawn,

Thanks for your quick reply, I will give it a try.

BLE
Obsidian | Level 7 BLE
Obsidian | Level 7

I have been told by SAS VA tech help that LASR tables are static and oracle tables can not be included in an autoload process.  

My LASR tables are based on Oracle tables that are updated often (could be every minute).

To get the most current data into my LASR tables, I registered my Oracle tables with SAS Management Console and am creating scheduled queries in SAS VA to get my LASR tables refreshed with current data from my oracle tables.  

Your post gives me the impression you have set up a process that allows your LASR tables to pull from current Oracle table data,

"In my environment the LASR load pulls the most recent data from views in Oracle with a predefined prefix"

Are you using a different process than the one I describe above?

If yes I would greatly appreciate your describing that process.

Thanks,

Bonnie

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation