BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SomanDavuluri
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear All ,

I have data source for exploration applying the forcast , i have done the exploration appling the forecast , now my problem is i wana use drop list in the exploration where the drop list contains 3000 Names of the sales persons.

So When we select each person in the drop list we get to know the forecast of each person indivudually.

Request you to pls help me with solution

regards

soman

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Obviously 3000 selections is a bit much for a single drop down list. How about 2 drop down lists - one for choosing a letter of the alphabet, and a second which is filtered by the first drop down? So you choose A in the first list and that gives you all sales people whose names start with A in the second list.

There are a few posts which discuss that approach like this one:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/How-to-filter-a-filter-in-SAS-VA/m-p/230692#M268...

SomanDavuluri
Fluorite | Level 6

hi

But can u tel me where to drag and drop the drop down list in SAS VA Exploration

regards

soman

SomanDavuluri
Fluorite | Level 6

Any any more answers on my post pls

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I don't think you can do drop down lists on explorations only on reports. Can you do your forecast in a report instead?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation