BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I am trying to add several graphs using containers but not able to do so. I need 2 custom graphs adjacent to each other in a horizontal container. Below this container, I need 3 graphs in a stacked container. Is this possible? Because every time I add the custom graph, it does not add itself into the horizontal container.

Thanks,
saspert.

6 REPLIES 6
SAS_Mike
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi saspert,

I think I might not fully understand the question.  I created a horizontal container and put two graphs in it, and then a stacked container below with three graphs.  Just to be safe, I added a custom graph to the stacked container.  I did not have any issues.  I have noticed that you have to be extra careful where you drop the graphs into the container.  A solid green line vs the green box will indicate it is in the container.

I will try to paste a screen shot in the reply, but I know the spam filters sometimes pull them out.  Please let me know if this does not help.  I might not be understanding the issue fully.

Thanks,

Mike

(in the screen shot I had already added custom graph 15 once, so that is why you see the name at the top as well)

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Mike,

Can you copy an entire container AND its contents to a new section? I tried doing that but I seem to be successful if I create a similar container and copy the individual charts (one-by-one) inside the original container?

Thanks,
saspert

SAS_Mike
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi saspert,

I had not tried this before, but it looks like you can.  At first I right click in side of the container, but you only get the duplicate graph option.  What I found is that after you right click the first time, you can right click a little closer to the top line of the container and an option comes up to Duplicate Stack Container.  It looks like it pulled in all my test graphs ok.  Just remember, if you see the duplicate graph, it still thinks you are inside of the container.  Move as close to the line as possible.  It took me a few times for it to work.

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

thanks mike. I will try this sooner than later.

Meredith_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi saspert,

Can you please specify which custom graphs you are using in the Horizontal Container, and the three graphs in the Stacked Container. Also, how are you trying to add the custom graphs?

Thank you,

Meredith Bailey

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Meredith, I am using mostly custom graphs.. So I go to the custom graph builder, create a custom graph using a combination of available graphs. save it with my custom name Smiley Happy and then use the insert option in the design report view to insert the graphs inside a container (usually).

Thanks,

saspert

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation