BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lottevd
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I've created a table that shows the total revenue per customer (aggregated measure).

Now I would like to add a filter (slider) where the report-user can filter on for example all customer with a total revenue more than € 100.

I've found how I can add this filter in the right pane under the tab 'Filters', but I can't seem to figure out how to add this kind of filter to the report itself -- so it's accessible and controlable by the report-user.

Is there a way to add this kind of filter based on the aggregated measure to the report?

I'm new to VA, and this question is bugging me...

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Lotte

8 REPLIES 8
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Lotte,

You can add a slider control to your report as a report prompt. In VA 7.3 you can also use a slider as a section prompt.

To add a slider control as a prompt, select the Objects tab in the left panel and find Slider under the Controls group. Drag the Slider to the part of the report where it says "Drag controls here to create a report prompt" or "Drag controls here to create a section prompt".

Now right-click the slider and select Add Measure and choose your aggregated measure.

Does that work?

Thanks,

Sam

lottevd
Calcite | Level 5

Hey Sam,

No, this is only partly what I need. I need to figure out how to populate the slider with information that is aggregated in the table.

For example, if customer A has had 3 visits, each worth € 10, he will be listed as 'Customer A - €30' in the table.

I want the slider to have an effect on the €30, not on the 3 separate €10.

My aggregated measure is not performing the 'group by' correctly. I need to get the group by from my table into my slider as well.

Kr,

Lotte

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Lotte,

In the Properties tab for the slider, there should be an option, Interact with the data in view. Is this enabled?

Also, I believe there should be an Auto Populate button on the properties tab that set the minimum and maximum values for the slider to match the aggregated values in your table. This exists in VA 7.3 but I am not able to check easily whether it was there in earlier version.

Does that help?

Thanks,

Sam

SteveDFW
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi.  It looks like it has been awhile since this thread has started, but I am running into kind of the same issue - not seeing the aggregated measure when opening the filter pane on the righthand side of the page.  Is there a way to select an aggregated measure for a filter?

Thanks,

Steve

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Steve,

Can you share more about what you are trying to do?

What type of object are you trying to filter? In my Viya deployment I can make a filter based on an aggregated measure for a list table. I'm not sure if there might be some particular set of circumstances you are encountering where an aggregated measure can't be used.

Thanks,

Sam

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

These are the limitations on post-aggregate filters: 

• Post-aggregate filters are not available for objects that use detail data.
  • Crosstabs, time series plots, and dual axis time series plots do not support post-aggregate filters.
  • Advanced analytics objects do not support post-aggregate filters.
SteveDFW
Fluorite | Level 6

@Sam_SAS , @Madelyn_SAS 

I've attached a picture of the table that I would like to filter.  I would like to filter to just see Layover-New Station =1 or Layover-Removed Station =1.

SteveDFW_0-1624545052152.png

The code is similar for Layover-New Station/Layover Removed Station -

Layover - Removed Station

IF ( ( ( 'Layover - Current Month Count'n = 0 ) OR (
'Layover - Current Month Count'n Missing ) ) AND (
'Layover - Previous Month Count'n > 0 ) )
RETURN 1
ELSE 0

Layover - Current Month Count

ParallelPeriod(_Sum_, 'Layover Count'n,
_IgnoreAllTimeFrameFilters_, 'Effective Period'n, _ByMonth_,
_ByMonth_, 0, _Full_, {Date})

None of my aggregated measures are showing up as filter options???

Thanks.

Steve

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I think that you cannot create a filter if the aggregated item is based on a periodic operator like ParallelPeriod. Or, in the case of your Layover-Removed Station item, the expression contains an aggregated item that is based on a periodic operator.

You can create a filter for aggregated items based based on other operators such as Distinct. But the periodic operators cannot be evaluated in a filter. (Apparently. But I'm pretty sure.) 

I'll check with the dev team and see if a note can be added to the doc to explain the limitations.

Thanks,

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation