BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
VMoraal
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everybody,

Recently I have started my journey working with SAS. While I have had my troubles with the version my organisation uses, SAS Viya 2023.01, I have enjoyed the tool set provided.

For a client in my organisation, I am currently building a boxplot graph. In this graph there are some major outliers that are important for the client's needs.

Unfortunately, the boxes themselves are also important and relevant to be able to see.

One problem I am running into is that, while the option to hide outliers is baked in now, the options to show, hide or ignore outliers is not user accessible. By that I mean that I cannot let the readers of a VA report edit the options of the boxplot object.

My question to the community is:

Is it possible to expose an object option control to the reader? For example a button allowing a user to either show, ignore or hide the outliers on a boxplot.

A roundabout way I thought about it would be to have an object linking to an alternate version of the graph where the outliers would be either ignored or hidden depending on what the clients prefers to have as first page shown, but I find that solution to be less elegant as it involves either a pop-up graph object or a page-switch, neither are very elegant in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for your replies 🙂

Kind Regards,
Victor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

The short answer is unfortunately no, these options currently cannot be exposed to the viewer.

However, you are on the right track for a workaround but rather than put the alternate versions on different pages, have you tried using a Stack Container instead? This would give the illusion of a button to control this but the reality would be it's swapping between the alternate graphs:

HunterT_SAS_0-1681830751191.png

HunterT_SAS_1-1681830766918.png

In this example I've changed the Stack Container options to use "Buttons" for the Button Type.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

The short answer is unfortunately no, these options currently cannot be exposed to the viewer.

However, you are on the right track for a workaround but rather than put the alternate versions on different pages, have you tried using a Stack Container instead? This would give the illusion of a button to control this but the reality would be it's swapping between the alternate graphs:

HunterT_SAS_0-1681830751191.png

HunterT_SAS_1-1681830766918.png

In this example I've changed the Stack Container options to use "Buttons" for the Button Type.

VMoraal
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation