BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jpapaiac
Fluorite | Level 6

How can I use a variable from a different data source into my report.  Both sources have a common key. For example in one report I am using contract number and a product Id.  Now I want to bring the customer name from a different data source using the contract number as a primary key for both sources.

3 REPLIES 3
avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

To get the functionality as you require, you have to use "Prepare Data" using the common field or primary key. According to my knowledge it can't be achieved directly in the report designer if you are having two different data sources with common field.

Regards,

Abhishek

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Adding to Abhishek's comment, here is where you can find some information about using the data builder (data preparation) to create a data query:

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide

Best regards,

Lorrie

Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I am also facing the same issue. looks like there is no option than creating a new dataset with all the required columns in new report.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation