BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I have a master report in VA that uses a Report Link to send the user to a detail report. When the user double clicks in the table on the master report it opens the detail report and at the top of the screen is a breadcrumbs type navigation eg:

Master Report > Detail Report and then a filter icon showing incoming filter information.

Clicking on the filter I can see all the report level filters and in particular variables I would like to use in Dynamic Titles eg Client Name. Is there any way I can get these filters into a title?

Many thanks in advance for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It appears in this scenario that the text box will show only those data items that can be mapped between the data source in the source report and the data source in the target report. If the data source in the target report does not include Client and Partner, then you won't be able to see those values in the text object. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Which version of Visual Analytics are you using? 

SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hiya, version is 8.5.1

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I did some simple tests and it looks like you can use a text object in the detail report and show interactive filters. It would show all of the category values passed from the object in the source report

Madelyn_SAS_0-1647979397473.png

Madelyn_SAS_1-1647979587353.png

SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hiya, I tried that but it just showed me the Report ID that I've used to link things up. Can I assign the other incoming filters such as Client and Partner below to make titles more descriptive?

incoming_filters.png

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Where are the other filters coming from? Report-level controls? Page-level? Controls on the canvas with interactions? 

SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a report link via a table in the Master report that brings up the detail report and the variables in the image above are from the table even though I am only using the Report ID to link. Seems a bit odd we can't somehow use these dynamically in VA?

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I have linked the list table in the Source report to the target report (CarsTarget)

Madelyn_SAS_1-1648064173896.png

My text object shows the same values seen the table in the target report and the same values shown in the Incoming Filters. I think your link must be defined differently. Can you provide more details about how you linked? 

Madelyn_SAS_0-1648064108532.png

SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a table in my Master Report where I've set up a Report Link to the Detail Report and I use Report ID to link:

link.png

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It appears in this scenario that the text box will show only those data items that can be mapped between the data source in the source report and the data source in the target report. If the data source in the target report does not include Client and Partner, then you won't be able to see those values in the text object. 

SteveNZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi and sorry for late response but been offline. I think you're correct and even if client and partner were in the mapping I cant use them individually i.e. Client for one report and Partner for another. Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation