BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ujjawal
Quartz | Level 8

I want to use the other variable when filter is cleared from dropdown. In other words, I want to refer the different variable when data is shown at overall level (which means clearing filter). Is it possible via parameter?

1 REPLY 1
mfab
Quartz | Level 8

Sure, that should be possible:

• create a parameter from your drop-down list
  • create new filter on the element you want to filter on
  • edit the filter
  • use the boolean operator IF...ELSE
  • use the parameter in IF part with a comparison operator (I would suggest something like 'missing')
  • insert your filter criteria if the parameter is missing (that means, no value selected in drop down)
  • insert your filter criteria if the parameter is not missing (something like xyz contains parameter, xyz = parameter, etc.)

I have used a text box for something like this. I think this should also work with a drop-down list.

Cheers,

Michael

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation