BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jeff_NC
Calcite | Level 5

We have just started using the administrator overview report to check usage of the new dashboards by the users that requested them. On the components tab, when we select the analytics viewer, you can see the users and actions on the right. I see read listed for these users, but what is the Usage column actually measuring? Is that clicks, or seconds used? Any help on what this is measuring would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

SASunits.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Jeff_NC,

I had the same question some time ago, and not a lot of people understando well what it means. 

What I would get is that the "Usage"  metric basically means CPU processor cycles done by the LASR server done on the application you selected or by the user you selected. Which is also a bit of abstract and low level, even to general IT people. 

I personally found, still abstract, useful for having an idea of the usage or a LASR service. Perhaps this metric will change on the future, or not, we shall see.

If you ask me, this metric is specially useful for SAS VA deployments in the cloud, where you are billed by the processor cycles, such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform/Services.

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Jeff_NC,

I had the same question some time ago, and not a lot of people understando well what it means. 

What I would get is that the "Usage"  metric basically means CPU processor cycles done by the LASR server done on the application you selected or by the user you selected. Which is also a bit of abstract and low level, even to general IT people. 

I personally found, still abstract, useful for having an idea of the usage or a LASR service. Perhaps this metric will change on the future, or not, we shall see.

If you ask me, this metric is specially useful for SAS VA deployments in the cloud, where you are billed by the processor cycles, such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform/Services.

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

Juan

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The SAS Visual Analytics Administration Guide has a detailed list of the Audited Activity in a table here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaag/69958/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0qlbgbthlyjqhn1doytk...

The Usage metric covers all of the auditable actions that can be taken.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Jeff_NC,

I am wondering: did you get the information you needed? Or do you have further questions?

Regards, Juan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation