BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aswinrahul_madu
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everyone,

I need some help in automating the process of unloading & reloading of tables in LASR Server.The tables are fetched from Hive (Hadoop) and saved in a Library.Then, tables are registered and loaded into LASR Server for further usage.Whenever the tables are refreshed , we had to unload & reload them manually.I explored the Autoload feature,but unfortunately it doesn't help with our current environment.Is there a way that we can automate this process? Any help on this regard is highly appreciated.Thanks.

VA Version: 7.2

Deployment: Non distributed

5 REPLIES 5
dave_alscient
Obsidian | Level 7

I had a similar challenge with data in a SQL server database. I got round this by creating a connection to the external data using SAS Management Console. It was a bit of a convoluted process where as I need to create a number of items such as:

An authentication domain (I had to do this in order to store the password for the SQL Server user).

Create a database server.

Create a data library.

Finally register the tables.

Once i'd done this I am able to schedule a regular refresh from the source in data preparation or simply reload by right mouse clicking on the tablein the admin screen.

Below is a link to help with ODBC. You may be able to find something similar for Hadoop data stores as I can see there are Hadoop Severs and Hadoop via Hive Libraries in SAS Management console.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidsag/61236/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003098426.htm

aswinrahul_madu
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much for the solution Dave.I appreciate it.I am able to register the tables,But I need to unload & reload existing tables  by scheduling process.Any ideas?

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Just use the VA data query builder to load the data and schedule this query.

The schedule wil reload the data so you do not need to unload the data.

Greetings

aswinrahul_madu
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for the suggestion Peter. We are currently using 20 tables in our dashboard.Do we have to create 20 different queries for scheduling or is it possible to include all tables in a single query?

Thanks
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thats right, you have to set-up this 20 times but its not a lot of work, and you can schedule them differntly is needed.

This also opens an option to reload all tables fast after a reboot or restart of the LASR server.

Greetings

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation