BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShivamKS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

I am trying to load data from HDFS to LASR in SAS VA using PROC LASR.

In HDFS we have data in compressed format, however when loading it in LASR I want the data to be in uncompressed format.

Basically I want this is because the I want to have the HDFS as the backup storage, so want to have data in compressed format there but in LASR it should be uncompressed.

Is there a way this can be achieved?

SAS VA version is 7.1 and LASR Analytic Server is 2.4.

Regards

Shivam

1 REPLY 1
I_Kong_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Shivam, the data is memory mapped so if it is compressed on disk, it will be compressed in memory as well. Depending on the lifecycle of your data, you might consider keeping the data uncompressed while it is "fresh" and in use a lot, then later compressing it for backup. For example, you might be using the current year's data frequently now but using the previous year's data less frequently so you could consider compressing the older data.

Hope that helps,

i-kong

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation